Photos booths are a popular choice for weddings, birthday parties, and other celebrations, and photo booth props go hand to hand with that. The question is often asked: “should I opt for a rental photo booth or DIY my own?”
There are numerous benefits to both options that you should consider before making your final decision. This article will discuss the difference between DIY Photo Booth vs. Renting Which is Better & Why.
DIY Photo Booth
When it comes to DIY photo booths, there are a few things you need to consider. First, what type of camera do you want to use? You can take your photos if you have an SLR or another high-end camera.
However, if you’re using a phone or point-and-shoot camera, the quality of your photos may not be as good. Second, do you have the space to set up a photo booth? You’ll need at least enough room for your guests to stand in front of the backdrop and snap some pics.
And finally, how much time are you willing to spend on DIYing your photo booth? From setting up the props to taking the photos yourself, there’s quite a bit that goes into DIYing a photo booth.
The biggest advantage of a DIY photo booth is that it’s cheaper than renting one. You can use things you already have in your home, like a tablecloth as a backdrop or some streamers and balloons for props.
And if you’re feeling crafty, you can even make your props. Or why not save time and buy those ready-to-buy props available in the market? They’re cheap and come in a wide range of different options.
Renting a photo booth can be expensive – especially if you want to add on extras like digital copies of the photos or custom frames. Plus, you’ll need to find somewhere to store the photo booth between events. But if you are looking to let your creativity flow, go for a DIY photo booth.
The Advantages of DIY Photo Booth
- Photo booths are a fun way for guests to take pictures and commemorate your event
- You can use any camera you want
- You can choose your backdrop and props
- It’s cheaper than renting a photo booth
- It takes more time to set up
- You need to have the space for it
- You have to take the photos yourself
Rental Photo Booth
A rental photo booth can be a bit pricey, depending on the company you choose. Since they’re professionals, there isn’t much you can do from your side (you can choose your own amazing photo booth props to show your creativity, though). But a rental photo booth will have its advantages.
A rental photo booth is a perfect option if you want to try something different from your typical DIY photo booth but still want high-quality photos taken by professionals.
Plus, since it’s a company bringing the equipment, setup will be simple and quick – no construction or labor required on your part! If you were worried about setting it you then you don’t have to worry about a thing, especially setting up lighting or taking down any decorations when you’re done using it, either.
And finally, many companies offer delivery services, so all you need to do is provide them with clear directions on where they should set up at your venue. So if you want high-quality photos with a touch of professionalism in them, a rental photo booth is the way to go.
Rental Photo Booth Pros:
- Usually includes an attendant to help guests with the photo booth and keep things running smoothly
- More props and accessories than a DIY photo booth
- if you like, you can set up the photo booth in any location, even indoors or outdoors
- It will be set up and taken down for you – no need to worry about finding a place to store the photo booth when it’s not in use or breaking it down at the end of your event
- There is no need to arrange for your photographer – the photo booth company will take care of all that
- Guests can take home an instant keepsake, rather than just a printout from the photos you post online after your event
Which is Better & Why?
So, which is better – a DIY photo booth or renting a photo booth?
Ultimately, it depends on your needs and what you’re looking for in a photo booth experience. If you want complete control over the photos and don’t mind spending some time setting up your photo booth, then DIY is the way to go!
But if you want high-quality photos with little effort on your part, renting a photo booth may be the better option.
In a nutshell, DIY is great for the creative types who want to put their spin on things and maintain control of their photos, while renting a photo booth will give you more flexibility over your prints. The choice is yours to make…