Growing beards for most men is not easy. This is because the stubble will not always grow uniformly on your face. Therefore, this will result in patchy beards rather than stylish ones. Also, you might inherit genes that make growing beards challenging. However, growing beards with a beard hair transplant near me are possible. You can try this procedure if your hair follicles are not growing.
Before a beard hair transplant surgery, your surgeon will first need to evaluate your skin and the hair to ensure you are an ideal candidate for this surgery, and then you will choose if it is worth the expense. Like any other treatment, you are not guaranteed a 100 percent outcome. Scars are typically a risk if you go for the FUT method. However, if you go for a qualified doctor, you will enjoy permanent and natural results. Read more on all you need to know about a beard hair transplant near me.
What is Beard Transplant?
Beards transplants are like hair transplants. The procedure involves taking hair follicles from one part of your body and implanting them into the beard area. It might sound uncomplicated, but it is a process requiring a qualified provider. The surgeon uses two approaches when performing this surgery, and these are;
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
The FUE method is among the leading hair restoration methods. During this process, the surgeon individually collects hair follicles from the donor area. The technique is less painful, and this explains why it is expected.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
The FUT technique is another beard transplant method used to transplant hair follicles from the donor site to the beard area. With this approach, your surgeon cuts a piece of skin tissue from the back of your scalp and removes hair follicles from it.
Follicular units are the tiny grouping of hair follicles that come up from the same exit point. FUE and FUT take anywhere from 2000 to 5000 hair follicle grafts or more from the back of your scalp.
What is the Procedure Like?
The following are steps involved during the beard hair transplant surgery;
Whether you opt for the FUE or FUT, the first step of this procedure will be shaving the donor area. Shaving gives the surgeon a clear view of the hair follicles before harvesting. Your surgeon will then provide local anesthesia to help you be comfortable during the harvesting or implantation.
After harvesting the hair follicles from your scalp, your surgeon will inject local anesthesia into the sites of the face where the hair follicles will be placed. Afterward, your surgeon will implant each hair follicle into the beard area and shape your new beard as you agreed.
The Recovery Process
The beard implant recovery process requires a few days. After about a week or ten, you can begin shaving and trimming your beards. Trim crusts might form around every implanted hair follicle. However, these will flake off in a few days.
Recovery after surgery includes several precautions to be taken, including:
- After surgery, applying cold compresses will help reduce post-operative discomfort, edema, and bleeding symptoms.
- You must take medications as directed, on schedule, and on time.
- During the healing process, the patient must use caution when touching his face. It can prevent beard transplants and raises the risk of infection.
- For at least the first two days following recovery, a doctor could advise sleeping with your head elevated up to 45 degrees, which helps reduce swelling.
- Ten days following the beard transplant, it is advised not to shave the beard.
- Patients should refrain from using blood thinners, swimming, tanning beds, or chewing tobacco for at least a few weeks.
What Advantages Make Beard Transplants Offer?
- Although the decision to have a beard transplant is quite individual, the advantages include the following:
- Enhancing the patient’s face’s aesthetic value
- Investing in a beard can be advantageous since, beyond aesthetics, they are an essential component of a man’s personality.
- A beard transplant is a blessing, particularly for people who have suffered burns or accidents.
- It enhances a person’s natural attractiveness.
- There are no scars after a FUT or FUE operation.
- The technique makes it simple to acquire the most incredible beard fullness.
- A beard transplant is a reasonably pain-free treatment that rarely causes issues.
Who Makes the Best Candidate for a Beard Transplant Process?
Because donor’s hairs are harvested from the back of your scalp, it is essential to have healthy hair in that area. The back of your scalp is usually resistant to hair loss. Therefore, even if you start losing hair at the top of your scalp, you probably will still have enough follicular units for transplantation. Suppose you lack donor’s hair; your surgeon might recommend other alternatives.
How to Know You Had a Successful Beard Transplant
In about three or four months, the transplanted hair follicles will begin to settle in place and grow. If in eight or nine months you have full beards, healthy beards that you can treat as though they have been there, you will then know that the procedure has been successful.
FUE and FUT methods generate natural outcomes, but the FUT method produces fuller beards. This is because more hair follicles are typically harvested when the strip is cut. Therefore, if you aim for fuller beards, you should opt for the FUT method. It is rare for a beard implant surgery to fail. However, if an inexperienced provider conducts the surgery, the outcome might not be successful. Therefore, paying more for an experienced hair restoration surgeon is always critical.
The secret to a successful beard hair transplant surgery is to go for a qualified surgeon. Since the surgery is costly, you might be tempted to go to less expensive surgeons to help you save money. This is dangerous, and you could end up with inflamed hair follicles. You might experience a large scar at the back of your scalp or tiny scars that mostly fade away based on the type of hair transplant method you choose. Therefore, ensure you are working with the right surgeon by checking on their credentials.
Leave a Reply